- Posted 11th February 2021
- £22k - £25k
Role: Finance Assistant
Artis Finance & Accounting are currently supporting an exciting business in Bristol with the recruitment for a Finance Assistant to assist the finance manager in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions.
Finance Assistant Job Duties:
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the finance director
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices
- Review and adhere to department budgets
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients
- Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees
- Assist the financial manager in creating financial reports on a regular basis
- Adhere to the company's or organisation's financial policies and procedures
- Answers question and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, sometimes assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior executives
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- VAT Return
- Dealing with Foreign Exchange Transactions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of working within finance in a dynamic SME business
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- AAT qualification an advantage
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £22,000 -£25,000.00 per year
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.