Full-stack Developer - PHP
- Bristol, South West
- Posted 11th January 2019
- £35000.00 - £40000.00 per Annum
- Ref: 1201372
Skills and experience:
● Passion, drive, enthusiasm and willingness to learn, roll sleeves up and get stuck in!
● Commercial experience developing within the LAMP stack (NGINX, PHP/MySQL)
● Commercial experience within the MEAN stack.
● Solid experience with CMS systems. (WordPress, eZ Publish, Headless CMS an advantage)
● MVC frameworks (e.g. Symfony), Twig / Smarty-style templating
● Strong knowledge of MVVM frameworks (React, Angular)
● Lucene-based search using Apache Solr, Elasticsearch
● Comprehensive familiarity with Node.js (some experience of Python or Java could be a plus)
● Working with microservice architectures and REST APIs, including 3rd party integrations
● Solid AWS understanding (containers, load balancers, Lambda functions - a broad range)
● CDN (e.g. CloudFront) and some media/asset management
● Use of Docker and a good understanding of DevOps using AWS
● TDD, BDD, automated testing, Git and CI/CD
● Principled development with privacy and security-by-design
● Experience of working in an agile team (e.g. Scrum, Jira, Slack)
● Collaborative, used to pair-programming, peer review and Scrum-like teamwork
● Any experience in the travel industry would be advantageous
● Some previous experience of Salesforce development would be a benefit
● Good sense of humour and should have meticulous attention to detial.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
● Technical involvement in the full development life-cycle of systems and services
● Clean, efficient, best-practice, self-documenting development of different microservices, web sites/applications and APIs.
● Liaising with Solutions Architect and contributing to best-practice solutions for new features.
● Assisting the Scrum team by constant and clear collaboration, participating in all Scrum ceremonies, working with tester to ensure high-value product delivery.
● Contribute to the backlog user stories and acceptance criteria.
● Pair-programming and peer review.
● Optimising existing applications (incl. data layer) to deliver improved performance, scalability, resilience and to optimise operating cost.
● Monitoring, logging, triaging and attending to errors, bugs and general issues within the technology stack.
Knowledge and qualifications:
● At least 5 years of commercial experience in programming of customer-facing technologies and systems
● Ideally Bachelor's degree in software engineering / computer science field.
● Ideally Scrum certified.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form on this page. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.
Refer a Friend
If this role may suit someone you know please feel free to forward it on to them; we offer a referral bounty of up to £500!