Senior Infrastructure Engineer
- Salisbury, South West
- Posted 13th August 2019
- £45000.00 - £50000.00 per Annum + Bonus, Pension, 25 days
- Ref: 739182
The position is responsible for supporting and maintaining the server environments, hardware, operating systems, network infrastructure, switches and firewalls plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware, software and services.
* Troubleshoot complex issues by analysing root causes and evaluating options
* Set up and configure Windows server's in both physical and virtual instances
* Administer and maintain corporate infrastructure, including Windows Server 2012/16, Active Directory, Office 365, LAN, Internet access, firewalls, Exchange 2016+ and Azure/AWS services
* Administer the VMware 5.0+ Infrastructure
* Administer and maintain Azure DevOps workflow, builds and pipelines.
* Ensure that voice and data services work and are maintained effectively
* Escalate IT issues to management where necessary
* Staff Training (where appropriate)
* Take up small, medium and large sized IT projects when applicable
* Integrate solutions with applications & platforms based on requirements
* Keep operational documentation up-to-date
* Provide any recommendations on infrastructure project
* Ensuring assets (software/hardware) are recorded & maintained
* Exchange server mailbox maintenance, including archiving mailboxes
* Ensuring policies and procedures fit in with ISO 23001 & 27001
* Performing network/infrastructure administrative duties, as required, to meet operational objectives
* Flexible working hours, dependent on deliveries and occasional, out-of-hours upgrades, as required and where reasonable
* Providing assistance to the CIO and other members of the IT team
* Previous experience of 2nd/3rd line working
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Able to set up Servers and Services from scratch, Cloud and On-Premise.
* Knowledge of Windows server operating systems, deployed in networked business environment, with 100's of users
* Knowledge of Azure, Azure DevOps and AWS.
* Familiar with Scrum and Agile methodologies.
* Knowledge of VMWare 5.0+
* Good knowledge/experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and vLANs
* Understanding of information security management, e.g. ISO 27001
* Knowledge and understanding of credit card security, e.g. PCI DSS
* Previous experience of BCP and DR plans & processes, e.g. ISO 22301
* Problem solving ability
* Well organised, enthusiastic and self-motivated
* Valid UK driving license - some travel is expected between sites
* MCSE/MCITP: Enterprise Administrator or Server Administrator/VCP or equivalent IT Qualifications an advantage
* Cisco CCNA Certification an advantage
* Knowledge of network security management, firewall hardening (Aruba, Fortigate)
* Knowledge of SQL Server 2012+
This fantastic opportunity comes with a salary from £45,000-£55,000 p/a accompanied with a performance related bonus, pension, healthcare, free onsite parking and many more.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form on this page. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.
Refer a Friend
If this role may suit someone you know please feel free to forward it on to them; we offer a referral bounty of up to £500!