Bilingual IT Support Engineer (English/French)
- England, Other
- Posted 8th August 2019
- £35000.00 - £40000.00 per Annum
- Ref: 90751
The Bilingual Support Engineer will use phone or email to provide software technical support to customers and/or partners using our client's products.
* Will provide escalation assistance.
* Keep customers informed of how and when problems are resolved within the severity levels time frame.
* Provides the customer all the steps taken to resolve the incident.
* Act as the primary contact for specific accounts.
* Review knowledge base documentation prior to publication.
* Occasional travel is required for on-site customer assistance, certification, and/or educational seminars.
* Receive telephone calls and emails from customers and/or partners concerning technical issues.
Required Background / Experience:
* 5+ years experience supporting Microsoft networks
* BS or BA degree in a computer related field preferred (Equivalent work experience can replace the education requirement)
* French language skills.
* Must possess highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work with a wide variety of customers
* Must be able to work with difficult customers and situations while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Must be able to maintain a professional demeanour when working with difficult or challenging customers
* Previous experience as a Systems Engineer or a System Administrator
* Experience with design, configuration and implementation of Microsoft and/or Linux based servers
* Solid knowledge of WAN and Network protocols (WINS, DNS, DHCP, TCP)
* Ability to solve complex Active Directory issues and Microsoft Exchange issues
* Experience supporting Exchange (2003 to current preferred) and SQL Server (2000 to current preferred)
* Knowledge of Storage area networks preferred
* Ability to analyse technical problems without visual contact with machine, have excellent learning skills.
* Ability to utilise available resources to the fullest; must have excellent computer skills.
This excellent opportunity comes with a starting salary of £35,000-40,000 p/a, 25 days holiday (Rising with length of service), a contributory Pension, Group Life Assurance, Group Income Protection and Childcare Vouchers to name but a few.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form on this page. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.
Refer a Friend
If this role may suit someone you know please feel free to forward it on to them; we offer a referral bounty of up to £500!