Buyer - Retail
- Devon, South West
- Posted 12th September 2018
- £22000 - £35000 per Annum + negotiable
- Ref: KP107
Do you have a passion for the retail industry? Strong analytical skills? A clear communicator?
A successful Devon based retail company are currently expanding and as a result of this, they are looking for a driven, engaging & passionate experienced buyer to permanently join their friendly team with great career opportunities, a competitive salary & excellent staff benefits.
In this role you will be expected to:
* Maximise the long-term profitability of a specified category of products whilst achieving annual budgeted sales, gross margin, terms and supplier incomes.
* To establish excellent business relationships with external and internal suppliers to ensure the company obtains the best possible trading terms and commercial opportunities.
* Develop a clear understanding of product category and the relevant market place and to continually review the category to maximise opportunities and ensure the products are aligned to the customer segment needs.
* Continually evaluate performance of existing products & services, taking appropriate action where necessary
* Actively manage Buying Assistants development plans, PDP's & performance reviews
* Strong supplier management and negotiation skills
* Data awareness, spot trends and forecast requirements and understand procedures for order calculations
* Strong commercial acumen
* Computer literate and accurate data input ability
- Particular experience in; Word, Excel , Outlook and stock control systems
* To be an effective communicator with the ability to deliver the highest quality service to customers, both external and internal
* Project management skills, working to increase effectiveness & profitability of the company
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form on this page. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.
Refer a Friend
If this role may suit someone you know please feel free to forward it on to them; we offer a referral bounty of up to £500!