- Somerset, South West
- Posted 27th November 2018
- £30000 - £32000 per Annum
- Ref: KP118
A fast growing, successful, Somerset based company are looking for a Procurement Controller to join their fun & friendly team. Reporting into the Operations Director, you will develop, maintain and deliver the company buying and procurement program across the UK and Europe.
In the role you'll be:
- Leading and delivering short and long-term contracts with key manufacturers and distributors.
- Delivering where possible consolidation of raw material purchasing
- Running tenders at a planned frequency on all key raw materials
- Maintaining the high quality relationship with all external suppliers and key internal stakeholders
- Developing & presenting weekly, monthly reports on current negotiations, market trend etc.
- Proven procurement, buying and operational experience within the food industry - alongside a broad knowledge of all specialist manufacturing & distributors within it
- Experience in contract management
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with tight commercial targets
- Strong numerical and analytical skills required
- Competent in all office based software
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form on this page. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.
Refer a Friend
If this role may suit someone you know please feel free to forward it on to them; we offer a referral bounty of up to £500!