Business Development and Marketing Manager Food and Agriculture
- Bristol, South West
- Posted 11th May 2022
- £60000 - £65000 per Annum
- Ref: MilBDMmay22
Artis have been retained by Clarke Willmott to support the appointment of this new role - BDM for their Food and Agri Business, to be based in Bristol, with broad flexible working.
Identified as a key strategic opportunity for 2022 and beyond Clarke Wilmott This business development role leads the development of Clarke Willmott's market leading Agriculture Sector. This is a key role in the BD&M team of the firm and operates alongside senior lawyers and marketing/BD colleagues. Their strategy is centred around the 'modernisation' of the sector to include a broader Food & Agri client focus. The role holder will work closely with the Sector Head and will own this sector strategy and lead the day-to-day implementation of annual sector BD&M plans.
- Working with the Agriculture Sector Head (and core team), Director of Marketing, BD & Knowledge Services, as well as colleagues across Marketing, BD and Knowledge to deliver the firm's high level sector strategy and strategic growth implementation plan.
- Ensure that the overall sector propositions (price, service offering, support etc.) remains both competitive and commercial.
- Work closely with the Head of Comms and the Digital Marketing Manager to develop a digital acquisition and client CRM strategy and plan to support growth.
- Work with the relevant team members to put together a calendar of events, seminars and hospitality that support business development plan Maintain and build upon the core wealthy farmer/landed client base (connected with the broader Private Client offering).
- Manage and further strengthen relationships with existing referrer relationships and broker new ones - NFU, land agents, advisors.
- Develop an updated positioning and proposition built around the newer, emerging opportunities in food tech, food production and distribution. This may also include other niches e.g. horticulture.
- Develop a clear proposition linked to Agri/net zero/sustainability. This connects with our sector work in Green Energy.
- Working with the Head of Comms and the external PR agency, seek opportunities to promote the sectors and teams supporting the sector within the relevant press media.
Coordination of internal sector management meetings as well as producing management information and reports.
- You will be a senior BD professional with 10+ years' experience of working across a mix of marketing, BD, sales or legal functions.
- You will be a self starter, confident in taking the lead with colleagues and clients at all levels and highly organised.
- You will have a proven track record in supporting growth of an Agri/Food focussed business or sector.
- You will have a good understanding of law firms and how they service clients.
- You will demonstrate strong communication and consultative/collaboration skills and be familiar with working with senior business partners to deliver plans.
A fantastic opportunity with clear a succession strategy for career development. Contact Artis Recruitment for more information.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.