- Posted 18th December 2020
- up to £26,000
- Ref: PB45698AB
Artis Procurement are pleased to be working with this established organisation who are looking to recruit an instinctive Assistant Buyer to join a growing and supportive team.
In the role of an Assistant Buyer you will be providing essential support in a number of areas, including:
- Analysing new business opportunities and existing contracts in order to propose successful pricing and product strategies
- Negotiating with suppliers in order to reduce costs in key product areas
- Utilising your analytical skills to support product selection and rationalisation projects
- Responding to pricing and product enquiries from the sales teams
- Ad-hoc product sourcing across a broad range of categories
- Updating and maintaining the data sources that drive our core processes
- Independently managing a fast-moving and ever-changing priority list
- Creating reports and presenting data
This is a role that combines analytical work with a significant element of supplier and stakeholder interaction, including supplier negotiation. As such, we are looking for a candidate who can demonstrate aptitude in the following key areas:
- A high level of numeracy
- Analytical ability
- Excel proficiency (knowledge of functions, pivot tables, etc.)
- Commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
Previous experience in an analytical, procurement, or supply chain role is not required but would be a bonus.
Artis Procurement is a premier specialist resourcing consultancy focused solely on the supply of senior Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain and Merchandising professionals.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.