- Posted 1st December 2021
- £70,000-80,000 p/a + 10% Bonus + 12% Pension + Excellent Benefits
- Ref: RC3101
Data Architect required by our market leading, award winning financial services organisation based from home with the odd day onsite. The Data Architect will be responsible for setting our clients strategic data direction, designing new data solutions and ensuring budget is spent correctly.
Our clients data team are accountable for data from cradle to grave; this means everything from collaborating with systems designers to ensure the right data is captured in the front end, right the way through to warehousing it and making it available to end-users and other systems to consume, and ultimately driving the right outcomes.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and support the Lead Data Architect and Head of Data in the delivery of the UK Data Strategy
- Work to embed a data-led culture at the heart of the business
- Facilitate and manage the provision of timely, accessible and trusted data which is seen by our clients customers as a genuine asset
- Take ownership for the design and implementation of effective, robust data solutions; optimise existing data bottlenecks and model best practise for data
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert – both as a technical go-to for the data delivery teams and also offering consultancy across the business
- Oversee migration of data from legacy systems to new applications
- Own the governance around data; metadata management, reference data management and other architectural artefacts - define and maintain the reference architecture surrounding the data estate
- Analyse requirements for new data asks, and translate them into the technical design – with close consideration paid to data integration, transformation rules, ETL flow etc.
- Strong experience in working with data (both the theory and practical application) – preferably as a data engineer, data scientist, data analyst, data architect, data modeller, or another similar role.
- You’ll have a solid understanding of data warehousing techniques as well as an in-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- An analytical and enquiring mind and the ability to think critically.
- Comfortable ‘selling’ the data story to a wide range of business users at all levels
- Previous experience with databases and data query languages such as T-SQL, PL/SQL or similar will be a given, but any familiarity with SQL Server, ETL tooling, Cloud data technologies such as Snowflake or Visualisation tools (Power BI, Qlik, Business Objects) would be a big benefit.
This fantastic role comes with a starting salary of £70,000-80,000 p/a and is accompanied with a benefits package which includes a 10% annual bonus, a 12% contributory pension, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, full private medical cover, discounted tech offers and discounted gym membership to name but a few.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.