3rd Line Support Engineer
- Remote / Central Bristol, Avon
- Posted 17th June 2021
- £35,000 p/a + Excellent Benefits
- Ref: RC4116
3rd Line Support Engineer by market leading organisation based in Central Bristol (5 minute walk from Temple Meads Station) with a large element of remote working. The 3rd Line Support Engineer will be responsible for providing 3rd line support to the whole business, their clients and 3rd parties. You will sit within a team of 4.
The 3rd Line Support Engineer will be responsible for:
- Taking ownership of incidents and service requests, and following IT Service Delivery Team procedures
- Responding in a professional manner and delivering excellent customer service at all times
- Acting as the point of escalation from the IT Service Desk Team and the IT Second Line Support Analysts to resolve incidents and service requests
- Dealing with complex service requests in accordance with IT Service Delivery Team standards and procedures
- Monitoring application, servers and service availability, capacity and performance
- Monitoring, investigating and responding to IT security incidents and undertaking routine IT security tasks
- Working with the PMO, project teams and the IT Infrastructure & Applications Team to plan, test, implement and undertake formal Service Transition processes for all IT elements of projects as required by the IT Technical Support Team Leader
- Undertaking project tasks to implement, change test and decommission IT systems and services, e.g. desktop builds, application packaging, deployment and support, mobile device management, deployment and support
- Experience of working in both customer-facing and technical IT roles at third line
- Providing end-user IT support services – service request, incident response, diagnosis, resolution, problem management
- Excellent customer service skills, telephone manner and written communication skills working with people at all levels
- Server monitoring, incident response, diagnosis, resolution and problem management.
- Broad experience of end-user and operational support of technologies and services currently used, including: Microsoft desktop and server technologies, e.g. Windows Server Operating Systems, Windows Desktop Operating Systems (2007 – 2010), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exchange, Skype for Business, Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, etc.
- Infrastructure and related services, e.g. VMWare (virtualisation and VDI), Symantec Anti-Virus, HP & Cisco Networking, Mitel Telephony
- Exposure to of other areas of IT including Service Desk, Infrastructure & Applications, Architecture, Development, IT Training, Programme & Project Management, etc.
A basic salary to between £32,500-35,000 p/a with an excellent benefits package which includes 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service), pension, cycle to work scheme and private medical insurance.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.