Project Manager (IT)
- Bristol / Remote, Avon
- Posted 23rd May 2022
- £55,000-60,000 p/a + Annual Bonus + Excellent Benefits
- Ref: RC4598
Project Manager required by market leading, award winning, professional services organisation on a hybrid basis (1-2 days onsite, 3-4 days remote per week with flexibility). This role will be for an initial 12 months on a fixed term basis with the strong possibility of going permanent after this period.
The Project Manager will plan and manage a project portfolio, within agreed governance and processes, to agreed time, quality and budget. The majority of projects managed will have an IT/tech focus, although you will be expected to work occasionally on projects covering other functions.
- Take full accountability for projects in scope, but also to take a leading position in driving best practice in project delivery across the team.
- Play an active and leading role in the IT team, providing direction when required and support and advice to ensure efficient and effective delivery of project deliverables.
- Scope an agreed portfolio of projects; formulate and update project plans and maintain schedules.
- Lead the creation and adoption of best practice project governance standards across the delivery community, applying the same to the projects in your portfolio.
- Review and monitor progress against project plans and schedules to ensure outputs are delivered to time and quality specifications.
- Maintain RAID logs and drive pre-emptive action to mitigate risks, avoid issues and ensure commitments are met.
- Establish and manage project budgets, including robust analysis of areas of financial risk, scenario planning and budget change management.
- Take a leading role in continuous improvement of reporting standards.
- Matrix manage project teams, setting out and creating buy-in for project deliverables and task-managing allocated people to ensure their timely delivery.
Ideal Background / Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to tune style and approach to create effective relationships with a diverse range of senior stakeholders.
- An open, questioning style with the confidence to challenge assumptions and ask “why?” constructively.
- Meticulous and accurate, maintaining documentation to a high standard.
- Experience in working within agile, waterfall and hybrid project delivery frameworks.
- While not a technically focused role, confident in working with engineers and third parties covering all areas of the IT estate.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage a demanding portfolio of work.
- A self-starter, able to work at pace, proactively identify/approach key individuals and to take appropriate decisions to drive topics forward.
This excellent position will come with a starting salary of £55,000-60,000 p/a and will be accompanied with the following benefits: a 5% annual bonus, 26 days holiday (Plus your bank holidays), Healthcare and pension to name but a few.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.