Head of Project Management
- Bristol (1 Day Onsite / 4 Days Remote), Avon
- Posted 15th June 2021
- £70,000-75,000 + 12% Bonus + Excellent Benefits
- Ref: RC9088
Head of Project Management required by global market leading organisation based out of their Bristol Office (1 day onsite in Bristol, 4 from home). The successful Head of Project Management must have come from an IT Project Management background with previous “Team Management” experience. You will manage a team of 15 IT Project Managers currently managing between 100-150 concurrent projects.
The Head of Project Management is responsible for the day-to-day activities and outputs of the team and will ensure that staff are performing to the highest levels and accurately recording activity and delivering outputs that are aligned to the agreed requirements of any project or change. You will ensure that team members have the necessary skills; or shall liaise with the wider organisation to obtain them to ensure that changes can be delivered consistently and on time.
Head of Project Management is responsible for all of the performance management of the team and will do so in accordance with our clients policies and procedures
- Be the primary point of contact with the organisation for the delivery of change.
- Proactively manage issues, problems or changes in live services, project scope and identify potential crises by devising and implementing suitable contingency plans.
- Task and manage the activity of assigned Project Managers to deliver any new requirements or changes that are for the services and applications within their scope of responsibility
- Communicate effectively, in an open and engaging manner, what is expected of each team member, and to wider stakeholders as necessary, the status of any work in a timely and clear fashion
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within their team’s responsibilities or to notify senior management at the earliest opportunity.
- Identify and actively manage opportunities, risks and issue to ensure effective and efficient resolution
- Be technically professional, highly enthusiastic, hands on in your approach and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be open, confident when interacting with seniors and peers both within BIS and business and 3rd party suppliers
- Have the highest levels of commercial acumen, customer focus and people management skills.
- Have a solid history of proven ability to deliver to time, cost and quality.
- Be a great people Manager who has a strong background in managing teams working on complex programmes of work
- Extensive Project Management experience; ideally holding a recognised technology accreditation and/or programme management accreditation with a proven track record of delivering successfully live services and projects/programmes
- Should be highly competent in use of all MS Office tools and be willing to learn new applications/capabilities as they become available
- ITIL knowledge would be desirable but not essential
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.