Head of ESG Environment Social and Governance
- Bristol, South West
- Posted 11th May 2022
- £70000 - £80000 per Annum + strong bens
- Ref: milheadESGmay22
Artis have been retained by Clarke Willmott to support the appointment of this new role - Head of ESG, to be based in Bristol, with broad flexible working.
All three letters of ESG - Environment, Social and Governance - are an integral part of the strategy and culture of Clarke Willmott. They have robust approaches to governance across the firm but recognise the value that Environmental and Social practices bring and they aspire to become a champion in this area.
This newly created position shall define and drive the Environmental and Social agenda and will work closely with our risk and governance functions to inspire stakeholders in our purpose led, people focused, performance driven organisation and by communicating our strong beliefs and achievements broadly internally and externally.
Working closely with a number of Directors, the post holder will take a lead in developing the ESG strategy, assuring alignment with the businesses overall strategic goals to deliver maximum impact.
The role will work with the existing pillars of Green Committee and ED&I Committee and will take on existing CSR (communities and charities) responsibilities to help deliver the ESG agenda and will also be responsible for undertaking a gap analysis to inform further support that is required to implement and embed ESG initiatives.
- Defines the sustainability and CSR strategies and drives the implementation across the firm.
- Define an agenda that speaks to the heart and mind of all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Engages with all internal and external stakeholders from diverse cultural and functional background and with varying levels of seniority
- Stays ahead of the current developments in the area of ESG, proposes appropriate initiatives and actions to position Clarke Willmott in the upper half of the market in relation to ESG
- Embeds sustainability in the organisational culture and links sustainability to financial performance
- Develop and co-ordinate the delivery of the ESG strategy into a framework that takes into account business opportunities and risks as well as external reporting and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with both the internal and external comms teams to ensure the CW ESG strategy and individual initiatives are well understood and contribute to the overall CW brand proposition
- Support the tenders team and individual fee earning teams delivering relevant updates and content for tender and pitch documentation
You will be passionate about everything this role can achieve for any business or organisation. Will haver relevant experience in an ESG role with in-depth knowledge of sustainability practices. You will naturally be able to work effectively and productively with internal stakeholders at all levels to develop a strategy and work with others to ensure its effective implementation.
A fantastic opportunity with clear a succession strategy for career development. Contact Artis Recruitment for more information.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.