Procurement Category Manager
- Bridgewater, South West
- Posted 4th August 2020
- Ref: pbpcm
My client is a global organisation looking to recruit a Procurement Category Manager to report to the Head of Procurement. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a broad experience of Indirect Procurement across a number of categories and best practices. The role will lead contractual negotiations, manage company budgets and prevent risks or issues from arising across key supplier relationships. You wil have excellent communication skills to effectively manage and influence internal and external stakeholders.
The role strategically manages all related categories of expenditure at the appropriate level, adopting best practice Procurement processes to identify key areas of opportunity, maximising benefits and returns. You will work on a cross functional basis to deliver end to end sourcing solutions and value across all projects and categories.
• Develop a robust Procurement strategy and negotiate new best-in-class agreements
• Lead and implement strategic sourcing plans
• Proactively analyse spend data and contractual T&C’s
• Provide procurement expertise to negotiate optimum supply terms and formalise supply contracts
• Develop, measure and monitor KPI's, Supply Level Agreements and continuous improvement for category
• Continually strive to improve supplier performance
• Deliver ongoing benefits to the internal and external customer through supplier management
• Be an advocate of the supplier due diligence framework
• Work with the legal team to manage supplier contracts, including; renewals, new contracts
• Rationalise and reduce the number of suppliers, establishing a robust list of suppliers to a manageable level and maximise profitability whilst fully understanding the operational requirement and thereby minimising risk and liabilities
• Procurement expertise, rapport building ability and commercial focus
• MCIPS qualified or studying towards (or equivalent)
• Excellent commercial and negotiation skills are essential, highly numerical
• Experience of managing complex or high value/risk products and services
• Strong Indirect Procurement experience across multiple categories
• Supplier Management experience.
• Experience of managing a team
• Senior level experience of working in a Corporate Procurement environment
• Experience of leading procurement governance and delivering value in an operational environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.