Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
- Chippenham, South West
- Posted 5th November 2020
- £45,000 to 50,000 + 15% bonus
- Ref: rcci511
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer required by award winning, market leading organisation based in Chippenham. This role will be on a fixed term basis for 12 months with the strong likelihood of a permanent role after this period.
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will join our clients IT Operations team and will be responsible for providing hybrid infrastructure, including elements of DevOps, Azure, AWS and On-Premise equipment with a focus on improving aspects of performance, automation, scalability and security in the Cloud.
- Steer, support and deliver technical pipeline strategies for CI/CD and automated quality gates.
- Deliver work with a focus on automation well as, managing business risks around resource consumption, scalability and availability of Cloud systems.
- Ensure rigorous enhancement, automation and ownership of our clients Cloud footprint to provide a platform for both developers and the business.
- Provide ongoing support, maintenance and virtualisation of the On-Premise environment, leveraging Cloud technologies where appropriate.
- Develop, support and increase the knowledge of Azure DevOps amongst the IT Infrastructure Team.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring clarity and consistency across the board IT teams and the wider business.
- Proven knowledge of Azure DevOps - must include elements of CI/CD, GIT Source Control, resource management including (App services, SQL databases, APIs and Function Apps), Azure Cost Management, Infrastructure as Code (ARM Templates), Application Monitoring / Logging and TCP / IP (DNS, VPN)
- IT Infrastructure experience (a focus on operating, simplifying or improving a complex hybrid infrastructure will be beneficial)
- A self-starter who wants to get stuck in and gain familiarity on the job
- Familiar with VMWare administration
- Admin experience for server and storage arrays - ideally Dell, Compellent, Equalogic
- Comfortable working both remotely and on-site work as required in line with the current global situation
This fantastic role comes with a starting salary of £50,000 p/a and includes a great benefits package which includes a 15% annual bonus, travel allowance, company pension (Matched to 8%), 5 weeks annual leave with option to buy more and flexible working practices to name but a few.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.