Head of IT required by our market leading, award winning, professional services organisation in Bristol. This is a brand-new role to the business and will give the successful candidate a chance to make a real different to the organisation.
- Making a leading contribution to the delivery of organisational objectives, helping drive continuous improvement and culture change, ensuring effective performance management, professional challenge, and strategic oversight.
- Ensure the provision of accessible expert advice to senior stakeholders on IT matters, developments, projects, programmes, and initiatives.
- Responsible for the delivery and maintenance of IT systems and technology ensuring that they are efficient, reliable, accessible, secure, and cost effective (Include contract management of the external IT helpdesk provider and associated technical support).
- Responsible for ensuring ongoing improvements to the IT infrastructure, improve the user experience, take account of prevailing best practice and current and future technologies.
- Lead the creation, development and implementation of the IT and Digital Strategy, working with key stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for the development, implementation, communication, and evaluation of all IT, digital and systems projects ensuring delivery and that the desired outcomes and benefits are achieved.
- Ensure IT change management processes, procedures and standardised methods are used for efficient and prompt handling of all changes to the IT environment.
- Assess and monitor risks, impact assessments and issues relating to IT delivery.
- Develop, design, and maintain an appropriate IT organisational structure to support to meet its IT needs and ambitions.
- Establish strong internal networks and liaise with stakeholders and senior leaders across the organisation to maximise the benefits of technology to meet the organisational needs.
- Manage an existing IT budget which will need to be pro-actively forecast, monitored, and reported on.
- Manage, develop, and implement up to date IT policies and procedural guidance to maintain a sound system of controls that protect the provision of robust, resilient, and secure IT systems.
- Working with the relevant stakeholders and Learning and Development, responsible for the identification, planning, and evaluation of all mandatory and optional IT training for end users at all levels aligned to the IT strategy and budget-setting requirements.
- Understand the management of internal data protection and/or performance teams to help ensure the organisation complies with all relevant GDPR, FOI, DPA and other information legislation in its use of technology.
- Degree level education (or equivalent) in business, computer science or a related field
- Professional IT qualifications or the equivalent gained through relevant training, experience and continuing professional development.
- Proven knowledge of digital, data and technology regulations and best practice methodologies (e.g. ITIL, ISO).
- Excellent up-to-date technical knowledge of IT, and the technology landscape, with evidence of keeping up to date with innovations for the benefit of the organisation.
- Foundation or Practitioner level qualification in programme or project management.
- Extensive and demonstrable leadership experience gained in a senior IT, digital and technology arena.
- Significant experience of leading high performing teams to ensure the delivery of complex, high level objectives.
- Experience of developing, leading, and implementing IT strategies and change initiatives.
- Significant experience of successfully managing high quality business-as-usual IT.
- Experience of dealing with vendors and third parties including procuring, negotiating, and robustly managing business-critical service contractors.
- Budget-creation and budget-management experience including identifying and evaluating funding opportunities and delivering efficiencies.
- Experience of Information and Data Governance and/or of being a Senior Risk Information Officer (SIRO) or Deputy SIRO.
This fantastic role comes with a starting salary of £70,000-80,000 p/a and is accompanied by a benefits package which includes 27 days annual holiday (plus public holidays) which increases with length of service, contributory pension, hybrid working, cycle to work/electric vehicle scheme, use of the onsite gym & restaurant, free parking and many more.
Apply for this role: