Web Development Lead required by market leading, award-winning professional services organisation based in Bristol. This is a hybrid role with 2 days a week onsite.
The Web Development Lead will need to be a proactive self-starter with broad experience in a range of roles and technologies. You will lead a team of Web/Software Engineers within an Agile digital engineering team, you will design, build and support quality software solutions on web based platforms, integrating with core platforms and third-party services to meet the needs of stakeholders and enhance customer experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Determine and implement appropriate technologies, toolkits and frameworks, leading projects in your area of specialism and learning new skills to support development in others.
- Be responsible for assuring and ensuring high quality and performance of the deliverables of your team, a mix of on shore and off shore capabilities.
- Deliver features and changes to meet agreed requirements with a strong focus on automation, best practice, scalability, re-usability and security.
- Support and enhance the end-to-end secure software development and delivery lifecycle using Agile methodologies, DevOps automation and CI/CD best practice release management techniques and strategies.
- Support teams in triaging and resolving issues that arise within the web platforms.
- Communicate with stakeholders within and outside IT about progress, risks and issues.
- Work closely with the Architecture, Product and UX teams to deliver market leading features, and capabilities, to time and to budget.
- Provide mentoring and support to less experienced developers.
- Keep abreast of and actively promote development best practice and technology developments
- Build relationships with relevant business users, and other technical development and support teams as needed.
- Extensive experience in design and delivery of web applications in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of DevOps practices includes source control, continuous integration and release management, code coverage and analysis, load testing and functional automated testing tools.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with AWS and Azure desirable
- Strong communication skills and a professional, service-oriented manner
- Passion for learning and self-development
This fantastic role comes with a salary of £80,000-90,000 p/a and is accompanied with a 10% annual bonus, 25 days paid holiday, a flexible pension scheme, flexible working opportunities, shared Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay, continued investment in your career, Bike to Work, discounts and many more.
Apply for this role: