Head of Procurement
- Posted 15th June 2021
- £58,000 - £68,000 + Benefits, & Flexible Working
- Ref: HOP58PB23
My client is an award-winning business that is growing year on year and looking to appoint a strong Head of Procurement who has a proven track record in delivering commercial and sustainable benefits through the identification and implementation of Category plans, strong relationship supplier management, strong data and analytical skills benchmarking & tendering.
You will be responsible for driving efficiencies through rationalising and consolidation, project managing systems and delivering processes & best practices in line with company strategies. Creating good governance and implementing and communicating projects internally and externally at key stages ensuring suitable training and development needs are identified and plans in place to ensure performance is measured and achieved.
- Be responsible for identifying commercial improvement and embedding strategies across category management teams with action plans supported by data.
- Deliver commercial reporting to the Procurement Director with action plans and scope to ensure budgetary targets are met.
- Ensure sustainable profile of all products are considered and sustainable solutions developed to improve our ethical and environmental offer, reducing our carbon footprint.
- Source new products/suppliers as appropriate, ensuring the necessary criteria are met in respect of quality, delivery and costs.
- Initiate and manage projects to reduce the cost base of the supply chain, enhance quality and deliver innovation within the marketplace.
- Manage core business systems within the procurement function, ensuring that the day to day functionality is delivered and systems are appropriately administered and maintained.
- Manage the roll out of new procurement systems and features, ensuring creation and adoption of appropriate business planning, engagement and sign off documentation is completed, communicated and cascaded as part of governance.
- Ensure that systems and processes are identified to support business improvement with both direct and indirect exposure i.e. supporting internal departments as part of wider protocol and governance.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Create and report on KPIs for suppliers and internal customers, ensuring performance is measured and regularly evaluated/communicated and steps to improve/manage are put in place.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with MCIPS qualifications preferable.
- Demonstrable procurement and category buying experience, ideally within the retail or foodservice markets.
- Commercial acumen in line with business scale and spend.
- Proven, solid influencing and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrable planning and project management skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experienced analytical skills, ideally aligned to e-commerce experience and knowledge.
This would be initially a 12-month contract however is highly likely to turn to a permanent role.
For full information regarding this role, please contact me directly, initially with a CV ahead of a conversation.
Artis Procurement is a premier specialist resourcing consultancy focused solely on the supply of senior Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain and Merchandising professionals.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.