Service Management Specialist
- Bristol / Remote, Avon
- Posted 23rd June 2022
- £45,000-50,000 p/a + 7% Bonus, Excellent Benefits & Remote Working
- Ref: RC4930
Service Management Specialist required by global, market leading, award winning, professional services organisation based out of their Bristol office with 3-4 days remote per week (With flexibility). The Service Management Specialist will support the Software Asset and Configuration Management requirements and secondary to that, other Service Management Processes to assist with delivery of a key service offering. The individual will integrate with all these processes and deliver within set OLAs.
- Ensure all Service Management processes are effective and efficient and comply where possible with Best Practice.
- Monitoring work to ensure that all areas of the Business are adhering to and within respective processes.
Routine Duties include:
- Software Asset and Configuration Management
- Build and maintain accurate system configuration for all supported services.
- Support physical and virtual hardware audit and verification activity, to maintain data accuracy for all CI’s within the asset database.
- Analyse and produce management information to support all change and transition activity and to support root cause and problem determination.
- Analyse and produce management information to support Impact Assessments relating to CI’s (new deployments, movements , retirements and disposals)
- Have awareness of contractual obligations for SACM and regularly review and maintain supporting documentation.
- Have an understanding across other ITIL based processes in supporting delivery.
- The monitoring of incidents, ensuring that where possible KPIs/SLAs are not breached within the Service Management Toolset.
- Engage with Major Incident Management to support the management of all Critical, Major (MI) and High Business Profile HBP incidents.
- Meaningful IM data is produced and reviewed for trends, actions and opportunities, through daily, weekly reports.
- Capable of assessing Change Request priorities (Impact Assessment) especially when project delays are encountered due to unforeseen issues.
- Customer Focus: Develop and maintain strong relationships inside the organisation,
- Experience and understanding of stakeholder structure and the variation in each Service.
- Good communications (written & verbal).
- Using the most appropriate method to communicate information after analysing needs, listening effectively, demonstrating understanding and clarifying meanings
- Good interpersonal skills. Interacts primarily with internal personnel and external customers on routine matters
- Ability to remain calm under pressure or through demanding challenges
- Good analytical skills. An understanding of priorities and situations by collecting and analysing information, summarising findings.
- Is able to work under general supervision, with no instructions needed for routine work. Receives general instructions for special assignments. Work is reviewed for sound technical judgment and overall adequacy.
- Interacts with internal personnel & external customers on routine matters
This fantastic role comes with a starting salary to £50,000 p/a and is accompanied with a benefits package which includes a 7% performance related bonus, a contributary pension (They will double what you put in to a max 5% (So 15% total), 26-27 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Sick Pay, Private Medical Cover (BUPA), Life Insurance (6x Salary) and they will refund relevant tuition to name but a few.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.