Head of Software Development
- Remote (1 day p/w in Central Bristol), Avon
- Posted 20th May 2022
- £70,000-80,000 p/a + Excellent Benefits & Remote Working
- Ref: RC7003
Head of Software Development required by market leading, award winning, professional services organisation with 8 offices around the UK. Our client need someone who can commit to 1 day a week in Bristol with the remaining 4 days remote.
Our client’s technology stack is growing, thus the need to bring in an experienced, Head of Software Development who will join our clients IT Team. Our client has over 1,200 employees of which, over 150 sit within IT. The successful Head of Software Development will play a senior management role in determining the strategy and technical focus of our clients new platforms and systems that underpin their flag-ship products and services.
The Head of Software Development will pioneer and drive Agile development practises, leading sprint teams and backlogs. You will also be the "people" manager of the team, managing and reviewing technical debt, and owning processes from a technical perspective, ensuring best practice.
- Reporting to the Director of Technology, you will act as a support in their role and contributing to the overall leadership, management and delivery of the team
- Providing clear leadership and direction to all aspects of Software Development, Testing and Architecture.
- Plan, direct and coordinate all activities related to writing software programmes
- Act as the Subject Matter expert on all Software Development and Testing
- Ensure policies and procedures for Software Development and Testing are in place
- Oversee code reviews of produced software to ensure code quality
- Improving both the efficiency and the effectiveness of the software development function
- Putting in place robust software development and testing environment and practices
- Ensure that the recommendations from the independent review of the testing function and capability are fully reviewed and acted upon
- Own the Programme of Work, ensuring priorities in the team are set, resources are assigned and releases are managed efficiently
- Coach and mentor developers
- Define, plan, budget and manage milestones for the delivery of software releases
- Ensure that the Software Development function contributes to goals set for systems quality and maintainability.
- A strong background in All things Microsoft, from Power Apps to Power BI
- Prior experience in leading the development of integrated systems
- Good working knowledge of Azure Cloud platforms and Azure Dev Ops
- Strong experience in both waterfall & Agile development methodologies
- Able to plan and manage own workload as well as team members workload to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, organisational awareness, risk & regulatory compliance, change management, communication and collaborative working skills
- Extensive management experience of internal development teams, external development teams and remote based development teams
This fantastic role comes with a basic salary of £70,000-80,000 p/a and on top of the bespoke training package, comes with the following benefits: Remote working, annual salary review, 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service), private medical insurance, pension and many more. This will include a bonus scheme which is being introduced in the Summer.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.