- Posted 9th November 2021
- £28,000 - £30,000 + Excellent Benefits
- Ref: buypb456987
Artis Procurement are pleased to be supporting this global organisation who are looking to recruit a Buyer due to sustained and planned growth. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with strong supplier management, negotiation and supply chain skills to join a busy team. You will be responsible for selecting suppliers and negotiating prices for materials and services ensuring a high standard of quality and delivery are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining assigned supplier relations by selecting suppliers and negotiating prices for material and/or services required, so ensuring procurement of nominated materials and services to agreed programmes by the most economic, timely and efficient means.
- Analyse, negotiate and report supplier price changes.
- Conduct periodic commodity surveys to obtain price comparisons; evaluate market trends to develop new services and create cost savings.
- Responsible for forecasting market trends affecting material and service availability cost, raw material and products.
- Ensure all purchasing requisitions and programmes are correct and reflect the current supplier’s lead-times, keeping management and user departments informed where changes threaten work programmes.
- Identify potential problem areas and recommend changes.
- Follow up on rejected material and obtain necessary credit.
- Minimise the company’s exposure with regard to MOQ’s and price increases, obtaining the relevant authority levels.
- Previous experience in a purchasing role is essential, preferably electrical manufacturing but not essential.
- Inter-operational process management experience, with a good knowledge of purchasing procedures, is essential.
- Excellent negotiating skills required.
- Task / Achievement focused.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Membership of CIPS is an advantage.
In return, my client offers a competitive salary and package including flexi-time (37 hour week) and half day Fridays. Being a Global business, there is often potential / scope to explore future development at other sites.
For full information regarding this role, please contact me directly, initially with a CV ahead of a conversation.
Artis Recruitment provide specialist recruitment services within HR, Finance, IT, Procurement, Marketing, Customer Contact and Executive Search.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.