Automation Developer (DevOps)
- Bristol + home working, South West
- Posted 6th October 2020
- £40,000 to £45,000
- Ref: rcdo6
Automation Developer required by market leading, award winning organisation based in Bristol. The successful candidate will work from home with the odd day in the office. You must have a background in both coding and scripting with the ambition to move into DevOps in the near future.
Role Purpose / Required Experience
- Create build & deployment pipelines to optimise code delivery & configure infrastructure.
- Use of Octopus Deploy/Azure DevOps Pipelines but experience with other tools is relevant too.
- Use Infrastructure as code to provision Cloud components using appropriate frameworks (Prefer terraform, but experience with other tools would be relevant).
- Using Azure PAAS services (Any experience of AWS and Google Cloud would be considered)
- Perform deployments into various environments
- Utilise APIs to deliver solutions - both internally developed and 3rd party Cloud services
- Automate system administration activities
- Integrate development planning tools (e.g. Jira, Slack) & automated testing with build & deployment pipeline
- Liaise with project managers and business stakeholders to provide information and estimates for work items, refining estimates as requirements are enhanced.
- Perform code reviews, providing feedback to DevOps colleagues
- Take part in sprint work and meetings
- Accountable for repository management and code branching strategy
- Experience with Git
- Assist in performance optimisation of site components & infrastructure, understanding of DNS / Certificates / Firewalling / Load balancing
- Experience with coding and scripting (Our client use Powershell and bash and support applications written using .NET Core, ASP.NET, MVC, C#, HTML / XHTML, CSS, JQuery, XML, WCF & SQL)
- Any experience in a system administration role that has automated key elements with scripting.
- A developer that wants to apply your coding and test experience to deployment pipelines.
- Someone who has the ability and motivation to move into DevOps and immerse yourself into Azure cloud services.
- The ability to diagnose technical issues and work toward resolution with a systematic approach.
This fantastic role will enable to successful candidate to work from home for the majority of the time with the odd day in either Bristol or Birmingham (Whichever is more convenient). The starting salary for this role is £40,000-45,000 p/a + an excellent benefits package which includes an annual bonus, free parking at both locations, our clients contribution pension scheme, life insurance, healthcare cash plan plus a flexible benefits option.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.