SQL Database Engineer required, by market leading, retail sector organisation based in Bristol. The SQL Database Engineer will maintain, troubleshoot and document our clients SQL database and infrastructure joining a small, experienced team.
Please note, this role is 5 days a week onsite in Bristol.
- Design, implement and maintain the data infrastructure.
- Monitor and troubleshoot SQL server performance issues.
- Manage and maintain SQL server databases.
- Develop and maintain communication channels and relationships with service providers.
- Provide ongoing support to development and operations teams for SQL-related issues.
- Configuring and tuning SQL servers for optimal performance.
- Documenting database infrastructure and related processes.
- Developing SQL scripts for data manipulation and management report generation, including analysing SQL code for potential flaws.
- Managing database objects and automated processes (Functions, Stored Procedures, Views, etc.)
- Performance tuning of new and existing code.
- Data mapping and documenting existing tables and processes.
- Preparing database objects for future migrations (Azure experience desirable).
- At least 3 years experience, gained within SQL development role, including administrating/supporting MS SQL Server Database infrastructures.
- Experience and understanding of data modelling, data management and data manipulation.
- Good understanding of SQL high availability, load balancing and disaster recovery practices.
- Good understanding of SQL security best practices.
- Have reasonable knowledge of REST APIs.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and documentation skills.
- Experience of Azure is desirable.
This fantastic role comes with a basic salary of £30,000-35,000 p/a and on top of the bespoke training package, comes with the following benefits: An annual salary review, 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service), private medical insurance, pension and many more.
Apply for this role: