Head of Software Development required by a market leading, award winning, professional services organisation based in Gloucester.
The Head of Software Development will lead multiple teams developing and maintaining quality. You will need a proactive approach and ideally have come from a hands-on background in more than one technology area, but importantly you’ll have kept up to date as you moved into management.
- Take overall responsibility for the successful delivery of all software development services.
- Ensure solutions provided are high-quality, secure, and business focussed.
- Develop the CI/CD pipeline, ensuring rapid, first-time-right deployments across all teams.
- Work with stakeholders to deliver best practices across the business.
- Engage with project teams and stakeholders to deliver software on time and specification.
- Excellent leadership, team management, and mentoring skills.
- A hands-on software development background covering multiple disciplines:
- Significant experience with CI/CD implementation and other DevOps practices.
- Delivery of automated testing approaches.
- Familiarity with multiple project/engineering approaches, including extensive scrum experience.
- Solid understanding of Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity Planning (BCP).
- Knowledge of security best practices and intrinsically secure coding approaches.
- High EQ communication skills, with an ability to articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- A preference for face-to-face communication and a blend of office/hybrid working.
- Proven ability working with project managers, delivery teams, stakeholders and executives.
This fantastic role comes with a basic salary of £75,000-85,000 p/a and is accompanied with hybrid working, 25 days holiday (With the ability to buy & sell additional days), a healthcare plan, life assurance, a generous pension contribution, volunteering days, company discounts, cycle to work scheme and free onsite parking.
Apply for this role: