Lead Software Engineer required by our market leading, award winning, professional services organisation based in Bristol. Out client offer hybrid working with 2 days a week onsite but with flexibility when and where required.
The Lead Software Engineer will be a knowledgeable, proactive self-starter with broad experience in a range of roles and technologies. You will be a high performer in your field and a proven problem-solver, keen to expand on your current skillset in a vibrant and dynamic environment that will challenge and excite you.
You will design, build and support quality software solutions on web-based platforms, integrating with core platforms and third-party services to meet the needs of stakeholders and promote our clients brand.
- Be the lead developer, responsible for assuring and ensuring high quality and performance of the deliverables of your team, a mix of on shore and offshore capabilities.
- Deliver features and changes to meet agreed requirements with a strong focus on automation, best practice, scalability, reusability and security.
- Support and enhance the end-to-end secure software development and delivery lifecycle using agile methodologies, DevOps automation and CI/CD best practice release management techniques and strategies.
- Support teams in triaging and resolving issues that arise within the web platforms.
- Communicate with stakeholders within and outside IT about progress, risks and issues.
- Work closely with Architecture, Product and UX teams to deliver market leading features, and capabilities, to time and to budget.
- Provide mentoring and support to less experienced developers.
- Extensive experience in design and delivery of web applications in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of DevOps practices includes source control, continuous integration and release management, code coverage and analysis, load testing and functional automated testing tools.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with AWS and Azure desirable
- Strong communication skills and a professional, service-oriented manner
- Passion for learning and self-development
This fantastic role comes with a salary of £(phone number removed) p/a and is accompanied with a 10% annual bonus, 25 days paid holiday, a flexible pension scheme, flexible working opportunities, shared Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay, continued investment in your career, Bike to Work, discounts and many more.
Apply for this role: