Release and Environments Manager required by market leading, professional services organisation based in Central Bristol. This is a hybrid role with 1-2 days a week onsite with flexibility.
The successful Release and Environments Manager will report into the Head of Architecture and will be responsible for organising, directing and managing activities and environments for releasing and maintaining our clients’ multichannel environments.
Our client is in the process of transforming from a largely on-prem set-up to Cloud based Software / Platform as a Service based applications and integrations. As part of this role, you will demonstrate the required skills and manage resources (both internal and external) needed to deliver the Release and Environments Service across a range of platforms, all seamlessly integrated within one another, hosted in a mix of Salesforce, Azure, AWS, on-premise and more.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Create a Release and Environments strategy, and own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications and platforms.
- Act as the primary contact and escalation point for stakeholders for anything related to Release or Environment policies and processes.
- Maintaining consistency between environments, from development through SIT, UAT, pre-production and production
- Ensure delivery and assurance of all environments (production and non-production) to support the entire estate, including definition, provision and configuration of environments, plus assure automation excellence through CICD and DevOps best practices.
- Evaluate scope and set priorities for release criteria and product quality requirements.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Work with multiple technical teams to ensure appropriate handover of any new service into the appropriate team takes place.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the definition and execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Develop scripts and automations using best practice tooling that will be used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms – knowledge of Azure DevOps is highly desirable.
- Participate in service acceptance meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks.
- Maintain a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Oversee the overall co-ordination and management of all release and non-production environment activities, including internal resource and external suppliers.
- You will have extensive experience in a similar Release & Environments Management role within a complex fast paced Technology landscape.
- You are an experienced DevOps and CI/CD practitioner, with a proven track record in creating release strategies and seeing them through to business as usual through the use of automation tooling, CI/CD pipelines and data refresh processes.
- Demonstratable ability to manage complex environments and have overcome complex programme interdependencies.
- A great communicator, both verbal and written. You excel in the relationships you build with stakeholders, able to work across various teams.
- Experience of Salesforce, Websites, Apps, Oracle, AWS and Azure are all highly desirable.
This fantastic role comes with a salary of £70,000-80,000 p/a and is accompanied with a 10% annual bonus, 25 days paid holiday, a flexible pension scheme, flexible working opportunities, shared Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay, continued investment in your career, Bike to Work, discounts and many more.
Apply for this role: