Lead Data Engineer
- Remote (The 1 day a week in Bristol), South West
- Posted 16th February 2021
- £70,000-80,000 p/a + 15% Bonus + Unlimited Holiday + Excellent Benefits
Lead Data Engineer required by our global, market leading client on a remote basis (Post Covid, you will need to be in their Bristol office 1 day a week). The Lead Data Engineer will be responsible for the acquisition, processing, storage and security of data right through to supporting the business with reliable BI, reporting capabilities and analytics.
You will be a senior member of the Data team working with engineers within the team and across the business to ensure successful ongoing development of the data infrastructure. You will contribute and support the technical and architectural direction of the team.
- You will responsible for the successful implementation of data projects and new features on the data platform
- You will also have responsibility for reliable and cost-effective operation of the data platform
- You will support the Data team in the design, implementation and support of the data platform
- You will work with senior team members across Tech and Data to architect a best-in-class data platform that supports the companies growing aspirations
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- Experience building and operating big data platforms
- Proficiency in Python or similar language
- Cloud based technologies (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical audiences
Nice To Have:
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices
- Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently
- Experience of using Python on Google Cloud Platform for Big Data projects
- Demonstrated strength in data modelling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Familiarity with statistical models and/or data mining algorithms and practical experience of applying these to business problems
This fantastic role comes with a starting salary of between £70,000-80,000 p/a plus a 10-15% annual bonus. This is accompanied by a benefits package which includes unlimited holiday (Yes, you read the right, unlimited holiday), healthcare, pension and many, many more.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.