Buying assistant/assistant buyer
- Bristol, South West
- Posted 13th May 2019
- £18000.00 - £24000.00 per Annum
- Ref: 1201506
Fantastic opportunity to join a unique, thriving business - start an exciting career in Retail Buying
My client is going through a period of significant growth, and as such have a requirement for an Assistant Buyer/ Buyers Assistant to join the team. They are a unique and fast paced organisation, who value great team work, creativeness and enthusiasm for product. In this role you will work closely with the Buyer, which will require you to liaise and negotiate with suppliers/vendors across the globe.
What the role includes:
* Support the buyer, in liaising with vendors within the allocated categories, ensuring that the company is represented and protected at all times
* Develop and produce business and sales reports as designated by the buyer. In addition, develop and produce ad hoc sales / stock / ranging reports as directed
* Support the Buyer in negotiating preferential trading, as well as returns agreements on your agreed Vendors. Ensuring that sales, retained margin, stock turn and profit targets are achievable.
* Secure product samples as necessary for the Range Reviews and other activities
* Secure and organise shop staff training programmes and product manuals
* Maintain vendor price lists and assortments and update system as required
* Secure all necessary product data, pricing, legal and technical information from the vendors
* Liaise with various stakeholders to ensure delivery issues, invoices and any customer complaints are resolved
* Support the Buyer with the maintenance of the category range across all shops
* Liaise with the visual marketing department to ensure that all product POS materials include the correct description and selling price
* Source promotional materials where necessary to support the promotional programme
* Maintain and update the structured merchandise layout plans of each shop
*Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills
*Excellent PC skills with a high standard of Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
*An adaptable attitude towards change, opportunities and project tasks as designated
*Structured planning, organisation and time management skills.
*A team player who relishes the opportunity of working within an entrepreneurial environment and delivering results against challenging
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form on this page. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.
Refer a Friend
If this role may suit someone you know please feel free to forward it on to them; we offer a referral bounty of up to £500!