Head of Communications
- Bristol, South West
- Posted 10th May 2022
- £70000 - £80000 per Annum + Excellent Benefits Package
- Ref: HeadofCommsCW
Artis have been retained by Clarke Willmott to identify a new Head of Communications, to be based in Bristol, with flexible working. Leading a team, you will have overall responsibility for the communications strategy for the organisation. Specific responsibilities will include;
The external communication strategy for the firm.
- The Clarke Willmott brand.
- The external communications channels - website, social media, newsletters/CRM channel, press and media relations.
- Driving new client acquisition via these channels. This is a commercial role that has the ability to deliver measurable value to the firm.
- The firm's comms content across all formats.
- Working with the Director of Marketing, BD & Knowledge Services, the Heads of Business Development and the Head of Knowledge Services to develop the firm's high level growth strategy and the firm's strategic growth implementation plan.
- Leading the comms team to deliver this strategy and implementation plan.
- Developing the firm's high level brand positioning and more detailed communications messaging including building upon existing key themes but also creating new propositions that continue to position the firm as a successful, innovative growth business.
- Owning the firm's rolling 12-month communications plan across all external channels.
- Commercial ownership of the firm's digital channels.
- Setting and then delivering against the firm's commercial metrics for communications channels.
- Owning the annual lead generation plan, in order to continue to grow the successful new client and new matter acquisition that is directly attributable to external communications channels.
- Building on existing successful acquisition that is attributable to the web channel and building improved capability across social channels and the CRM/email channel.
- Owning the annual press coverage targets and delivering plans that achieve these targets in conjunction with the firm's external advisors.
- Supporting a vast range of more tactical communications activities to support individual fee earners, teams and sector groups.
- Managing the production of all of the firms communications content across all formats - digital, traditional, video, podcast/audio, graphics.
- Managing external agents/advisors who support communications across web, press and comms content more broadly.
You will be a senior marketing communications specialist with experience of working across a mix of marketing communications functions. You will need detailed understanding of managing digital communications channels in particular, as these channels currently deliver well for the firm, but there is an opportunity to develop a broader, more integrated approach to comms targeting both new and existing clients.
You will be a self starter, confident in taking the lead with colleagues and internal clients at all levels.
You will have a proven track record in supporting growth of a B2C business. Ideally you will also have experience of working in a B2B environment too. In this context you will enjoy having commercial responsibility for communications channels, seeking to deliver new client and repeat client acquisition/purchases through the channels under your control.
A fantastic opportunity with clear a succession strategy for career development. Contact Artis Recruitment for more information.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.