- Remote then Central Bristol, Avon
- Posted 10th February 2021
- £50,000-55,000 p/a + Excellent Benefits
- Ref: RC12321
Technical Architect required by our market leading, award winning professional services client based in Central Bristol (A 10 minute walk from Bristol Temple Meads Train Station). The Technical Architect will be responsible for designing and delivering technology based services to drive the success of the organisation.
The Technical will ensure that technology changes are strategic and driven by defined business needs to achieve value-based outcomes, taking a problem solving approach with stakeholders and encompassing all aspects of a successful service.
Main duties of the Technical Architect:
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to understand drivers for change, complex problem analysis and how technology based services can deliver successful outcomes.
- Ensuring solution compliance with IT’s strategic principles and standards, policies and procedures, and the requirements.
- Designing target architecture states and governing migrations from baseline.
- Driving ongoing value and quality of service by ensuring solution knowledge is distributed and understood by service owners and support teams.
- Act as an internal consultant for ad-hoc technical consultations.
- Be an excellent communicator whilst having a fundamental understanding of technologies, both cloud (AWS and/or Azure) and on premise, that underpin an aspiring digital business. Ability to translate complex concepts between technical and non-technical groups.
- The ability to drive the digital strategy and roadmap.
- Substantial experience in a Technical Architect role, collaborating with multiple internal roles, lines of business and third-party suppliers to design and deliver solutions to at least 1,500 end-users in a multi-site business-to-business services organisation.
- Substantial experience of sourcing and interpreting requirements, understanding SWOTs, producing pragmatic value-driven solutions, minimising costs and maximising returns on investment.
- Substantial experience of on premise technology stacks, hybrid cloud architectures and integration of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS technologies.
- Actively seeks to keep up-to-date with global and industry-specific technology-based services evolution.
- The ability to work to a consistently excellent professional standard whether as part of the IT team, a project team or as an internal consultant.
- TOGAF 9 Certified or BCS Certificated Practitioner in Enterprise and Solutions Architecture.
This role comes with a starting salary of £50,000-55,000 p/a and is accompanied with a company pension, 25 days holiday, PHC, dental and travel insurance to name but a few.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.