Software Developer (Open Source)
- Reading, South East
- Posted 16th October 2020
- £40,000 to 45,000pa
- Ref: rcsd1610
Software Developer required by expanding Tech SME based in Reading. The Software Developer must have a background in Open Source technologies along with exposure to multiple coding languages. The successful candidate will have a background in leading projects from conception to completion, fault fixing/problem solving and be comfortable in a client facing role.
- Managing projects from conception to completion
- Assisting other team members in their understanding of our client’s technologies and products
- Contribute to open source repositories via Git and associated packages
- Monitor on-line forums
- Provide 2nd line support to customers
- Provide an analytical approach to agreeing requirements.
- Manage complex tasks with minimal assistance
- Delivering projects on-time and within budget
- Strong experience of software development ideally in web environment
- Experience with all or some of the following: C/C++, Python, Perl, C#, Java and PHP web technologies.
- Experience of Windows operating systems.
- High volume web site development
- Authoring and signing off detailed requirements documents.
- Software project management
- Writing design documentation
- Client facing
- Team player
- Go Language
This fantastic role comes with a starting salary of £40,000-45,000 p/a and is accompanied with a benefits package which includes a 10% annual bonus, company pension, flexible working and 25 days holiday (Plus Bank Holidays) to name but a few.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.