Automation Test Engineer
- Salisbury (With Remote Working), Wiltshire
- Posted 29th July 2021
- £50,000 p/a + Excellent Benefits
- Ref: RC0901
Automation Test Engineer required by market leading, award winning organisation based in Salisbury. This role will be split 2 days onsite and 3 days remote per week with some flexibility.
- Develop complex and robust test automation frameworks within a fast paced Agile/TDD/BDD environment, building test automation solutions.
- Reviewing application processes from end-to end, to identify and implement test plans and scripts, to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Mentor and advise other junior team members in testing practices
- To work closely with the business analysis and development teams, to ensure that the functionality of applications and changes are understood and that there is adequate test coverage of applications, processes and services, prior to their live/production release
- Create reusable regression pack to run before any live release. This will also include maintaining and updating the regression pack when required.
- Selenium (WebDriver)/Cucumber JVM or equivalent
- Experience of using SCM, ideally GIT
- Experience testing software in a true agile delivery environment
- Writing, executing and automating test scripts.
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle. Used to working on both medium and large-scale projects
- Proficient understanding of testing and QA processes
- Accomplished at running both manual and automated testing
- Strong experience of implementing test automation best practices
- Confident and able to lead the team when and if required, for cover, etc.
- In depth understanding of Web API testing using SoapUI, Postman and Swagger
- Professional experience with QA tools like VSTS, requirements management tools, issue tracking tools e.g TFS/VSO/VSTS
- Strong technical and analysis skills to implement test plans and scripts, including capturing and amending automated scripts, use of files for data driven testing, and operation of testing tools, to provide automated test coverage
- Experienced in testing techniques/practices such as Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), etc.
- Able to understand SQL commands, to successfully interpret the results of testing on the database information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Performed Performance and Load Testing
- Used to working within an agile-based, project deliveries
- Tested applications and services operating in the cloud (Azure or AWS)
- Experience working within Financial Services
This fantastic role comes with a basic salary of £50,000 p/a and is accompanied with the following benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, company pension, private medical insurance, staff discounted products, long services awards, company sick pay, discounts on gym membership plus many more.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.