Software Development Manager
- Remote / Bristol, Avon
- Posted 23rd February 2021
- £60,000-65,000 p/a + 10-25% Bonus + Pension + Excellent Benefits.
- Ref: RC14447
Software Development Manager required by blue chip, market leading organisation based in Bristol. The role will be remote initially then moving to 3 days onsite and 2 days remote per week. The Software Development Manager will lead and manage the end to end delivery of solutions for our clients customer base using modern technologies. You will manage a team of 10 Developers and will be responsible for ensuring projects are maintained and within budget and work closely with our clients DevOps team to ensure a clear set of technical practices and standards are defined and adhered to.
- Manage the development and implementation of the strategy using Agile methodologies, values and procedures.
- Ensure all platforms remain operationally functionable and active post development.
- Responsible for the management of external suppliers, building strong relationships and facilitating the design and development of solutions.
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure that all changes across all platforms adhere to best practices and are within company processes and governance.
- Manage the day to day operation and continuous improvement of the development team performing regular 121’s, reviews, PDP’s and probationary reviews.
- Manage competing priorities from internal stakeholders and simplify requirements, at pace, whilst working with a certain amount of ambiguity.
- Provide meaningful statistical information demonstrating the performance of the team, working to improve velocity and quality across the squads
- Manage the estimation process at different parts of the project lifecycle providing clear and accurate estimates and assumptions
- Previous software engineering, integrations and/or IT background
- Experience in building web applications (This is not a hands-on role but previous technical delivery experience is required)
- Knowledge of technology and engineering leading practices, trends and adjacent domains to help drive a native mind-set across the business and inform further investment decisions.
- Experience of managing the full project and development life cycle from end to end of large projects i.e. website, including discovery, build and launch alongside experience of managing development including an understanding of information such as website architecture, user experiences etc.
- A good understanding of Agile methodologies.
This great role will come with a starting salary of £60,000-65,000 p/a and is accompanied by a 10-25% annual bonus (Based on personal and company performance), a matched pension up to 6%, a 35 hour working week, 25 days holiday (Plus 8 Bank Holidays), Life Assurance at 4x base salary and a range of other flexible benefits.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you’re not keen on the above role but would like to submit your CV for future reference by out specialist recruiters, simply complete the 'Register' form above. We will be in touch with any vacancies matching your experience.